USA Bowling will have 16 regional events to determine teams that will compete in the USA Bowling National Championships to be held in Dallas in the summer of 2018. The cost for teams to compete in the event is $110 and all participants will receive an event gift; trophies will be awarded to the top teams.
For USA Bowling regional events, rosters can have up to six bowlers, though only four will compete at a time. Each member of the team must be USBC certified to participate. There will be two divisions at each USA Bowling Regional – Under 12 (born Aug. 1, 2005 or later) and Under 15 (born between Aug. 1, 2002 to July 31, 2005).
What happens during the two-day event?
Day 1: Eight round-robin Baker match games. All teams will return on Day 2 and will be seeded into tiered brackets based on match-play record.
Day 2: Double-elimination match-play brackets. Each match will be decided by best two-out-of-three games Baker format. Teams will continue bowling until they have lost two matches, thus being eliminated from the tournament. Each bracket will have a winning team. The team that wins the Tier 1 bracket in each division will be crowned tournament champion.
For one day events we combine the round-robin Baker match games and double elimination match-play all in one day.
Interested in hosting a USA Bowling Regional Tournament? Click here for the USA Bowling Regional Tournament RFP.
2017/18 Regional Competition Schedule
- SOUTHEAST – Oct. 21-22, 2017 – Buffaloe Lanes North, Raleigh, NC
- ATLANTIC EAST – Nov. 4-5, 2017 - Smyrna Bowling Center, Smyrna, TN
- UPPER MIDWEST – Nov. 11-12, 2017 – Plaza Lanes, Des Moines, IA
- LOWER GREAT LAKES – Nov. 18-19, 2017 – Mike Aulby’s Arrowhead Bowl, Lafayette, IN
- NORTHEAST – Dec. 9-10, 2017 – Rab’s Country Lanes, Staten Island, NY
- MIDWEST– Dec. 16-17, 2017 – Northrock Lanes, Wichita, KS
- COASTAL SOUTH - Jan. 6-7, 2018 – Boardwalk Bowl, Orlando, FL
- PACIFIC SOUTHWEST - Jan. 20-21, 2018 – Cloverleaf Family Bowl, Fremont, CA
- SOUTHWEST – Feb. 10-11, 2018 – Suncoast Bowling Center, Las Vegas, NV
- MOUNTAIN - Feb. 18, 2018 - Brunswick Zone Circle Lanes, Colorado Springs, CO
- SOUTH CENTRAL - Feb 24-25, 2018 - JB's Allen Bowl, Allen, TX
- UPPER GREAT LAKES - Feb. 25, 2018 - Concord Lanes, South St. Paul, MN
- NEW ENGLAND - March 3, 2018 - Walnut Hill Bowl, Woonsocket, RI
- HEARTLAND - March 24-25, 2018 – Imperial Bowl, Imperial, MO
- OHIO VALLEY - March 24-25, 2018 - Woodman Lanes, Kettering, OH
- SOUTH - April 7-8, 2018 - Vestavia Bowl, Birmingham, AL
- UPPER MIDWEST – April 14, 2018 – Sun Valley Lanes, Lincoln, NE (U12 Only)
- U12 Results | U15 Results
- Sat Check-In: 12:00 PM / Sat Matchplay: 3:30 PM
Download printable entry form here.
Download editable entry form here.
For a printable version of the 2017-18 USA Bowling Handbook click here.
USA Bowling is a product of the Youth Education Services (YES) Fund, a joint initiative of the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America and United States Bowling Congress supported by top bowling brands including Bowling.com, Brunswick, Columbia 300, Ebonite, Hammer, QubicaAMF, Roto Grip, Storm and Track.
Contact Zach Barton
800-514-2695 ext. 8339
IBC Youth Event/USA Bowling Brand Manager